So, being done with school and work, a lot more of my time has been spent at home. Mostly because i don't feel like gracing the rest of the world with my presence. Well, i run a lot of errands and try to make the new place feel like home, but man does it feel like summer vacation when i was in grade school! Brian bought Otter Pops today (which he's been asking for since last summer) and i had Macaroni and Cheese (with fruit) for lunch. Then I ironed while watching Harry Potter. I am relishing the vacation feeling while I can.
One thing i would like to know is why crib mattresses cost so much! From what i remember, they don't need to be much more than hard-ish foam with some sort of fabric or plastic professionally fitted to it. I have half a mind to buy said foam and make a cover by myself - $20! right? I'm starting to worry that i'll get to the point where i don't want to buy the mattress at all and end up only using the pack and play. this would render said crib pointless. I don't know which option annoys me more.
Going to birthing classes really makes me nervous. I thought they would ease my mind by informing me about things i need to consider and how amazing the body is. No. This has not happened. It actually causes more anxiety as I realize that I know most of what they're saying and how much I need to decide on and how much I haven't thought about that i should have. In fact, I've only made one decision: epidural = fantastic. Is it too early to be putting together my hospital bag? I guess better too early than too late, so i'll probably do that soon. Maybe only most things seeing as i still need clothes. suggestions for what i should add that i probably won't think of?
haha. I'll have to get back to you on this....
ReplyDeletethose classes made me nervous too! but yeah the epidural is really nice. as for the hospital bag...things you might not think of, hmm...socks for the little guy? bring several outfits. i only brought 3 and wished i'd had more because the nurse let him pee all over one of them (i had him dressed pretty much the whole time...some people leave them in the hospital onesie, which is fine too). bring your own pillow! it makes the bed much more comfortable. that's all i can think of right now! you're getting close!!
ReplyDeleteThe classes did the same to me:). Epidural is very good! I came way too close to having Hailey natural and I'm here to tell you the pain I experienced was more than enough for me. Amazing that you forget it all so quickly:).
ReplyDeleteWhat to pack? All I can think of right now is a pillow (you'll want your own, and put your name on it so the hospital doesn't swipe it). So excited for ya!
wow, you can't be to the point where you go to birthing classes yet?! i don't know what scared me more: the pictures of 9 pound infants being ejected from a uterus or the 6 sets of teenage parents-to-be that shared our class. epidural is the best thing ever. glad you're not opposed to it. pretty sure you're good to go if you have one of those. hospital bag necessities: hair ties, chapstick, i brought a short robe and wore sweatpants the whole time, your own pillow is essential. wow, that was a lot more than i expected, sorry.
ReplyDeleteI need to come hang out with you!! I work in the mornings, but my afternoons are usually free, so maybe sometime soon I can come over and make you dinner or something while Brian is at work, and we can watch one of the new Jane Austen movies that I have recently aquired :) Let me know what you think, and when would be a good time for you. I love ya, and hope you are doing well!! PS: have you seen the masterpiece theatre version of Jane Eyre? Its new, and its AMAZING! Maybe we could watch that... we'll be in touch!
ReplyDeleteI actually never went to any birthing classes and things turned out fine. I think that the birthing classes are much more beneficial for the man. Which is the only reason I wish Alex and I would have gone. He was pretty clueless the first go-round. Well good luck, take your own toothbrush--the hospital ones suck.
ReplyDeleteOK, before Trey was born, we packed a ton of things to pass the time (books, games, videos, etc.) but didn't use any of it and didn't bother to pack anything like that with Audrey's birth. However, good birthing music made the cut both times. We had a mix that Aaron made at my direction. Actually it ended up being about 3 relaxing CDs and 3 "let's-get-things-going" CDs. We didn't need that much, but we enjoyed it and the nurses really appreciated the variety, too.
ReplyDeleteMake sure you bring your own robe/nightgown and socks or slippers unless you agree with the hospital's sense of fashion.
A nursing pillow is not a must, but if the hospital doesn't have one, it is nice to have with you.
Your laptop if they have in-room connection. Super sweet to send pics instantly.
And, unfortunately, you'll want to bring some pants that fit you mid-pregnancy to leave the hospital in, because you will still have a pregnant looking pooch for a couple days until the uterus shrinks down to size.