Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dicing

So, my most recent addiction is Farkle. It's a dice game. Probably intended for gambling. Anyway...

When you use up your ten rounds trying to beat your high score, they show you a picture that is comparable to your level of smartness. There's a couch potato, a football player, the bride of Frankenstein's monster, etc. However, this is what I got after a less productive round of virtual dice throwing:



What is that lady? I'm inclined to say a maid or a housewife. Either way, the next level up is football player.

I'm not sure what to make of this. They are insinuating that a maid or housewife a) are very well the same thing, and/or b) this figure is more incapable of men and monsters to roll high scores.

However, she does sit higher than a worm, a clown, and the couch potato. And I guess we should be grateful they put her at least that high on the aptitude scale.

5 comments:

  1. I cannot do any of these computer games because the will ruin my life. I already spend way too much blogging and facebooking and if I even allow myself to play games, I'll completely stop laundry and cooking. Which would be good for me, but bad for my family.
    And your Shaun is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I am going to try this game.
    But if I get hooked on it, you're really in for it, sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can be a maid or housewife of this nature, but it is hard to be a good housewife, and most aren't. So I think the generalization may represent some, but it's mom's like us that are falsely represented. It's like saying construction workers are beneath you when really, Eddie is smarter than most people in general... Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Us women are higher than a worm arent we lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha- this is so funny! Sometimes I feel like a maid being a housewife, but it's nothing I complain about too often. In fact, since I'm working full time right now my dream is to be a stay at home housewife/mom and do all the things that I consider fun- cooking, sewing, decorating, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete