- Alan has this intense need to rub his face into whatever he's laying on when he's on his stomach. He also has been teething (why?!) so then he ends up resting his head in his baby drool and maybe snot. He must like having a damp head.
- Sean is convinced that if he yells "HEY MORE-NANG!" ("good morning") at the top of his lungs, I will suddenly think it's time for him to get up when I've just tucked him in for naptime. Nice try little buddy.
- I bought kefir last night at the store to see what it was like. It's like yogurt, but drinkable. And it's 99% lactose free (at least the one i bought is), so we're seeing if Alan's dairy problem is actually a lactose problem. It's so good. But I'm still a little nervous to drink it because it's called "kefir" which rhymes with "heifer" and that bothers me a bit.
- I also got lactose free milk. Please let this experiment work!
- My in-laws are way nice. As fun as it would be to live away from all family, I don't know that I could do it for very long. I find that I am extraordinarily needy and they don't seem to mind.
- I got really jealous and sad when talking to my mom the other evening and hearing that all of my siblings and their significant others were over for dinner. It kills me sometimes.
- We got a real giggle from Alan and I promptly forgave him for not sleeping more. I may have un-forgiven him that night.
- When asked his name, Sean responds with "Seaners" and I love it!
- After weeks and weeks of non-stop everything, I took this last week off.
- I can now see why moms hire nannies. It's not so they can go to work or go out with their friends - it's so cooking and cleaning actually happen at some point in the day, as well as a shower. Seriously people.
- I got a new chair for Sean to lounge in for his room. As soon as I set it up my rocking chair will be free for me to use with the baby! Unless there is a revolt and I get to use the new chair.
- I'm worried about my friend whose house may have been flooded in Australia. You ok, Sel? DID YOU SAVE THE ANNE BOOKS?! (Because they are obviously your most important possession.)
Friday, January 14, 2011
Bullets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm wanting to try making kefir! I'm trying to find someone who has kefir cultures so I don't have to spend $16 to buy my own. Maybe I should buy it to try it first…
ReplyDeleteIf you end up liking kefir, here are some recipes (and more info) from Kami's blog. (Do you remember Kami?) http://kamisniche.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-make-dairy-kefir.html
(Or maybe you read her blog and that's why you decided to try kefir?)
Oh my I loved the post about Sean yelling good morning! I could not stop laughing! I love the way kids think and his personality cracks me up and I've only met him once!
ReplyDeleteAs soon as my kids aren't coughing all over the place, you should come play! Oh the naptime struggle...ugh. I feel for you:).
ReplyDelete