Friday, May 6, 2011

Running 2.0

I took some time off because I caught a stomach virus followed by a cold. But to be honest, it was really just the stomach virus that got me down and VERY reluctant to run. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

And then today, in an act of insanity, I signed up for the American Fork Canyon 10k/5k (I am doing the 5k) (it benefits the cancer center). It's on June 24th.

But wait! It gets Crazier! I then signed myself up for the Freedom Festival 5k thing. It's early in the morning of the 4th of July.

Yes! A week apart! I figured I should have a practice run for charity and then push myself the next week in a harder one (uphill during the last stretch? Yes.).

And is this all?

NO!! Of course it isn't!

I also signed Brian up to do the Freedom Festival one with me! More craziness! And excited punctuation!

But seriously, don't worry. I didn't just sign him up. I asked him first and then he was noncommittal and told me to decide for him. So of course he got the ol' sign-up-a-roo done by this loving little wifey.

And I'm starting to wonder why I didn't start doing this before. I mean, a shirt, swag bags, and FOOD AT THE END? Psh, I was crazy not to. I would run further for food than 3.12 miles. Especially food that I didn't have to prepare or clean up after. The end.

(I'm still getting headaches from running. Is this because blood is finally flowing correctly to my brain? Does it mean that my short-term memory will come back?)

8 comments:

  1. Way to go! I've only done one 5k, but it was nice to finish. It is always good when you commit to a date! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tay, Shelly and I are doing the AF Canyon half! We can all see each other at the finish line! Because she will get to the finish line before me, that is for sure. But yeah, that's awesome, good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it funny that you're running a 5K in the USA! I think you should come over here and run one with me =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! But you signing up for the one on the 4th means you won't be here. :( There is a 2m/10k here the 4th weekend if you change your mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Signing Brian up with his permission isn't what I was worried about...
    Angela has a very good point; wasn't that a plan at one time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh am I laughing. I used to love running, now? Um, I would much rather do Pilates or some other form of aerobics. Because it's less energy? I don't know.

    Much luck to you! 3.12 miles really isn't that far to run for food. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you Tay---Thanks for the laughs! Seriously, how are you so funny? You and Brian were definitely made for each other with your brilliant creative and humorous minds. And good luck with the racing! I just may have to cheer you on in the 7/4 5K... how early does it start? We will be heading back form a Utah shindig with Aaron's fam that morning.

    ReplyDelete