Two crazy things from this week.
First I find out on Tuesday that my second grade teacher, Cindy Pesek, was killed by her nephew. She was such a kind, loving, generous and charitable person. I wish she was still around, continuing to make the world a better place to live in for others.
Then I found out that my friend and former roommate passed away this morning. She's had multiple brain tumors and this last one they couldn't get rid of. Amy loved everybody and always tried to make the best of every situation she found herself in. She worked hard and always thought of others. Even when she was thinking of herself, she made sure that it was in a way that made things better for those around her.
I was truly blessed by these women in my life. I can only hope to measure up to the standard they set in their service and acts of charity.
To the rest of the people that I know: please stick around for a little longer. As much as I like knowing that there are others on the other side of the veil that I know and love, I'd really like it if I could see you over here for a while longer. Ok? ok. Thanks.
Here's to hoping something else crazy doesn't happen tomorrow so that I can post about really fun things because the heavy things aren't crowding them out. :)
But the heavy things... it's nice the eternal perspective they put on life.
No comments:
Post a Comment