Dear hair,
I don't know what i did to offend you, but I wish you would stop leaving me. Everyday, more and more of you decides that the trash can is a better home than my head. Why? Are you angry that I spend more time caring for my husband and child than I do you? I mean, before this whole marriage thing I really only had you to take care of, so you got a lot more attention. I guess this must be a preparation for future battles with children who feel neglected because of their siblings... But really - hair - I do still like you. I like it when you grow long and soft (and albeit itchy at times), and I like you short and cute and flippy. You add to my presence. You further my attempt at identity. I feel like if I had started collecting you I would have enough hair off my head to donate to Locks of Love and make half a wig! Maybe you would like it better if I, like Sarah Plain & Tall, threw you into the wind and looked for you in birds' nests in the spring?
I'm sorry I didn't like you until I was in high school. All adolescents make mistakes! Did that make you feel unappreciated? Unloved? Am I so undeserving of you that you must go because of a juvenile inability to have self-confidence?
I know that you stuck by me during the hard times of pregnancy. You looked great and were even thicker than ever. It's like you never wanted to leave! Maybe it is for this reason that I feel abandoned by you now. That I feel as though I have done something wrong and nothing can make it better. I must question, Why would you love me so much more just to leave me when I want you the most!? Is it time for me to just let go and move on?
Hair, I want you back. I'm sorry for the neglect, I promise to do better on my side of this relationship. If it's styling you want, it's styling you will get. Just please don't completely abandon me. We can still be friends.
Sadly Missing You,
Tay
My friend who recently had a baby told me that it's common for women not to lose any hair at all during their last tri of pregnancy. Then, within the next several months, they lose all the hair they should have during those 3 months. So it seems like they're balding, when really they're just going back to where they were before.
ReplyDeleteJust a thought.
I know, but it's still sad to see. :(
ReplyDeleteThere, there! I'm sorry your hair has abandoned you. My hair decided to be thicker after I had Audrey- I'm hoping it doesn't change its mind!
ReplyDeleteLOL..I remember after each baby..right around the 3-4 month mark standing in the shower and sobbing as handfuls of hair come out. poor Tay. I am feeling your loss..........
ReplyDeleteYou're hilarious. But I do feel your pain. So sorry for your loss.
ReplyDelete