Today I've been thinking about pregnancy cravings. This is because all I want today is fruit and juice. No, this is not an announcement. Unless I am announcing that I love fruit and juice. Believe me, you'd know if this was a pregnancy cravings because I'd be talking about puke, too.
Thinking back on the first few weeks of my pregnancy, I had mostly food aversions. No rice and no anything that had too much smell (ginger, garlic, onion, beef, chicken, any cereal in the cupboard, any fast food, etc). Yes to chocolate milk. Ohhh the goodness of chocolate milk! I could not get enough and it was all I could do to beg Brian to make me a third glass of it. Sean must be made of calcium and vitamin D, lucky guy.
Second trimester I found that only certain foods caused additional puke to the almost perfectly timed puke every 36 hours. Please see above list. But it was at this time that I started to really figure out what was more pleasant and less pleasant coming back up. No to bread, crackers, spaghetti, and rice. Yes to ginger ale, juice, and chocolate milk. I was also finding that Mexican food was the thing to eat. Joe Vera's down in P-town has a Bandito (glorified tostada) that I could have eaten every day. without the veggie mix, thanks.
Third trimester I stopped liking most everything i'd been eating before. No to ginger ale and chocolate milk. Yes to rice, Mexican food, any kind of really really tart lemonade, ramen (sick, i know), and Sonic apple juice slushes (every single day I could justify it). Any fruit around me was quickly eaten. I became obsessed with fruit. An apple in the morning, lemonade all day, grapes by the bunch, pineapple at night, peaches! and i could go on. So good! But still no ginger, onions, or garlic. And Brian couldn't eat those either unless he wanted to sleep and breathe on the edge of the bed farthest from my face. And I loved vinegar again. Oh! Vinegar! Yum! I guess I wanted to kill my tooth enamel. But at least I wasn't puking anymore! Thank you, Unisom!
It's interesting how I was miserable the last few weeks of pregnancy when I should have been rejoicing over how I could eat anything without ginger and onions (garlic was mostly tolerable). Ironic.
But really. Fruit is an amazing thing. I think I love it most when it's spring-ish outside. Maybe that is why I want it really bad right now. And also why I'll be eating a tangelo in just a few minutes.
Mmm fruit sounds so amazing right now. I am eating raisins as I type. I hate raisins.
ReplyDeleteNow you have me craving a bandito. Why, oh, why didn't I order one when I was in UT last week? I did go to Joe's, and the chimichanga was fab, and of course I got my salsa fix, but alas now I need my bandito. :cry:
ReplyDelete