Thursday, May 14, 2009

Roasted Ears

Don't worry guys - Jane Eyre will be back! I'm just getting the house spring cleaned and haven't had time to think about it.

Besides cleaning, nothing much has been going on. But it sure has been nice to get rid of stuff I don't want anymore - high school papers that have no significance or emotional ties, clothes I can't make myself wear, a couple pairs of shoes, garbage... And then I've organized Sean's room, again, and hopefully he doesn't manage to completely destroy my system, again. Oh, and i finally packed up some books from downstairs and brought them upstairs and put Sean's downstairs toys on the bookshelf. Woohoo! The living room already feels so much better. Next up: laundry closet and scrubbing the shower.

Oh - I got a new bike. It's a girl's bike, rather than women's, because I'm short. But the best part about it? It's PINK. Yup. I have a pink bike. I'm pretty excited about that.
Isn't it beautiful? I don't recall the wires being all out there like that, but that's ok. I love it and have lots of plans to ride it and use the water bottle and the little under-seat-fanny-pack.

Having a bike again reminds me of when I was little. I had a bike that was a bit too big for me and I would have to put the bike next to the sidewalk ledge in order to get on it. But that was ok with me. It was a beautiful maroon and had all the bells and whistles. Before that I had an awesome little blue and white bike with a long seat. Was there a rainbow on the seat? I don't remember. Tassles coming from the handlebars? no... oh yeah, that was my sister's bike.

That's the exciting news. Now we just need a little bike trailer for Sean and we'll be all set!

2 comments:

  1. I've got a pink bike too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pink bike? It doesn't get better than that. I bet you will have lots of fun and that Sean will LOVE IT!! Good work on the cleaning. I cleaned out Teila's baby clothes and got rid of so much it was ridiculous actually. Annie couldn't wear the same stuff because she was born in the winter so I borrowed or bought hers and it sure feels good to get down to the nitty gritty. And Sean will not obey your new system, sorry to say. Love you!

    ReplyDelete