Thursday, September 3, 2009

Irony

For years now I've been struggling with being really tired. Tired after little sleep, no sleep, lots of sleep, a regular sleep schedule, always tired. So I finally decided to do something about it.

I called a doctor's office to try and get in so he could run a blood test on me. They said they'd call back and then they didn't.

Ok, what now? I knew that I'd had low iron levels while I was expecting the now-toddler (yup, he's a walking terror! Woohoo!), but just thought he's been sucking all of my nutrients (a fair guess, since he was. There was an inadvertent caffeine experiment involved).

Today I took a multi-vitamin (see: left-over pre0natal vitamin from said expectancy) that had copious amounts of iron in it, just as a test. Then I got in the shower. After the shower I was feeling more awake, but that's normal so I shrugged it off and went about my day. Sean was all whiney and giving me a headache so I put him down for nap #2 an hour after he woke up from nap #1 and then went downstairs.

And I actually still had energy.

What, you ask. You had ... energy? After a whiney annoying son?

Yes, yes I do. Still do in fact. And, what's even MORE amazing is that I walked into the kitchen, saw the dirty dishes, and didn't get depressed about it!!! There was no confusion or despair. No, I just got the old playlist going and cleaned the kitchen.

And I liked it.

I am chock full of iron, people. And I'm feeling good. In fact, I might even be feeling good enough to make dinner tonight on top of cleaning my heart out. It's a miracle!

8 comments:

  1. Hey I am suffering from low iron too. I am always tired and I can hardly get my butt out of bed. I was told by a doctor to go and get iron and vitamin D but I haven't yet. I really need to do that so that I can have that amazing energy that you have maybe get excited about cleaning my house. (if that is ever really possible)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the vitamin helped, i take them and I still feel tired throughout the day. I always feel best after I excersize..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's awesome! I'm so glad to hear it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day Tay! Iron (and the odd multi-vitamin) really can do wonders! I only bought myself some the other day, realising I was dragging around... now I just have to remember to take them!

    Oh, and I would like to excitedly and formally invite you to join the SF club. There are no fees, no forms, just laughter, sometimes tears, and presents wrapped in understanding and compassion. Distance is no barrier! Wanna join? =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing that what they say really is true. Iron does help. And our pregnant/nursing bodies need it. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tay! I'm gonna have to call my doctor and have my blood levels checked too. I'm sure a 7 months old little boy crawling all over the house doesn't help. You're little boy is too cute!! My family is moving back to the Val Vista ward so our families will be able to stay in touch better. You Keep in touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for energy! And you won the seriously so blessed giveaway! That's awesome! And I liked your comment a lot.

    ReplyDelete