Last weekend (first weekend of October) was General Conference. For you folk out there who don't know what that is, well, it's a general conference for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In it, our leaders give talks about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how we can better live it. My favorite ones are found here, here and here.
It was so nice to enjoy church from home, especially while being ravage by whatever flu I had. And I loved being with my husband and child all day long for two days. Mostly. Well, it was until we got tired of being in the house.
Foodwise, General Conference always marks two days of Great Food! I made the most delicious cinnamon rolls I've ever had. I will never ever buy them again. And we brought them over to my in-law's house to enjoy some more after dinner, which I thankfully did not have to make. Thanks Mom G!
And to top it all off, Brian's sister was in town and we got to see her. That always makes a weekend fantastic, but along with everything else I was blissfully happy. It may have been the DayQuil, but the feeling was there.
General Conference weekend is awesome! I'm so glad we get food, family and, best of all, good righteous counsel twice a year. I love learning how to become a better wife, mother, and servant of God. April can't come too soon.
Yay I made the blog...and in style! Wish you hadn't been so sick while I was there but it was great to see you, full of DayQuil notwithstanding.
ReplyDelete