Well Everybody - I am 12 weeks pregnant. Just thought I'd share that.
And on that note, I would like to mention that I've been in maternity pants for at least 3 weeks.
But this time around, I'm actually starting to feel better. There is a complete lack in constant nausea that was haunting me with Sean, and that makes me feel so happy! Today I not only fed him, got him dressed and only allowed him 45 minutes of tv, but I even cleaned up after him, got myself ready (sans makeup), did a little living room tidy, AND ran a load of laundry. All this at 12 weeks. It's a miracle. And it makes me wonder what nesting will be like this time around.
So, rewinding a few weeks, I was a little worried and made the doctor's office a little worried and so we had an ultrasound at 9 weeks. That was so cool. The U/S technician didn't have to move the wand around to see the whole body, it was just sitting there giving us a nice profile shot of its tiny little wiggly body. She said the wee one was pretty active for 9 weeks, but to me it just looked like it was sleeping. I'm convinced that this one is going to be more calm than Sean is, but maybe it's just less claustrophobic. I could feel him by now trying to claw his way out of my uterus.
Tomorrow is my 12 week appointment and my doctor is giving me a free u/s because he just likes to do that for his patients. And himself. What an awesome guy. We've already got more pictures of this one than we did Sean at this point. This tells me that we'll be awesome parents and not neglect the second child. Because picture totals are totally the way you can tell how much a parent loves a child.
Easter was great! I went on the cheap this year and found little toys around the house and put those, as well as some crackers and fruit snacks, in Sean's eggs and then bought a chocolate covered peep for good measure. He likes those for some reason. Brian and I each got a package of peanut butter eggs and called it good. I'm on one of those kicks where I don't want him to think that Easter is about chocolate and bunnies and spring, but the Resurrection. Maybe we'll celebrate the bunny on the day before. Then we can have both and I won't feel irreverent.
Well, the last 12 weeks have gone by fast, I'm expecting the next 28 will too. But I'm fine with the next 25 weeks going slow and the last three going really fast. I am willing to make that trade.
Wahoo! I was wondering why you didn't respond when there were a few comments on facebook about you being prego! Afraid you were upset we'd say such things. :) Congrats! Glad to hear things are going better than the last time around!
ReplyDeletei was kind of wondering!! i am glad you're getting out of the yucky stage. it will FLY the second time around, believe me. congratulations!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats once again!:) I really need to come visit you. . .I"ll call this week. I'm on that same kick with my kids. We have the easter bunny come the day before, and then Sunday is ALL about Christ. So far it's worked great. Adam's still too young, but Hailey gets the real meaning.
ReplyDeleteSo if you're feeling different, that is a good sign that it may be a child of the opppsite sex! Being prego with a boy is WAY easier than my girls, minus the whole bed rest thing.. I'm glad that you're feeling good, and hopefully it lasts.
ReplyDeleteI guess we're only like 7 weeks apart, so our babies will be so close this time!!
CONGRATS!
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm so glad you're feeling better. :) We are SO excited to see you next week!!!! Isn't it amazing when you start actually getting things done again-- I love it.
ReplyDeleteYou know, the Easter bunny didn't even come to our house this year, and the kids didn't even notice. I was a little surprised that Trey never even mentioned it (or the lack of it), because last year I had to do a quick after-church-wait-in-the-car-a-few-minutes-while-I-do-some- basket-filling because Trey had heard all about the easter bunny at school and was expecting it, sigh.
We really focused on the true reason behind Easter the whole week before, though, and then had our Jerusalem dinner on Sunday, so I guess that was enough of a celebration!
I think if we have the bunny come next year, it will be on the first day of spring and we'll do all the egg stuff then, too. So it's more like a celebration of spring and not mixed up with Easter at all. Then I can just say we asked the bunny to come early?
Wow, sorry for the long comment.