Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Standing up

I am part of my neighborhood's Home Owner's Association. This is always a difficult things to be in, but especially when all of your neighbors go to the same church. Things that shouldn't be personal become so. Things that should be completely separate from church become integrated in peoples' minds.

And it drives me batty!

Two weeks ago we had a great board of trustees. Then this past Saturday three were up in term, ran for re-election and were voted out because of some campaigning done by someone who was wanting on the board. There was gossip, rumor and trash-talk involved. It just makes me feel sick, especially as whether it was meant to or not, the words were against all the time and effort that I personally have put into this.

It's hard when you give somebody the benefit of the doubt, allow yourself to trust that things can be done fairly. And then to have all of that cast aside like it means nothing. It hurts, quite frankly.

But I can honestly say that I can get through this. I can be a good, upstanding citizen. I will stand up for what I think is right. I am not afraid to present the facts and shut down fallacies.

And I think that anybody who knows me would never assume that I am a good person to get on the wrong side of. That I would be okay with underhanded scheming.

Fortunately for this person, I'm willing to woman up and work with them as well and as diplomatically as I possibly can. Oh, and I can do it without being a complete you-know-what.

I don't care what it takes, I'm going to set things right.

Don't mess with a pregnant woman.

2 comments:

  1. That's the one thing Matt despises about working in Utah politics - people are always intermingling church (in a pretty much unrighteous way). Good luck with that. Let's get together soon. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on my HOA board too. It's tough. Especially when you're dealing with a bunch of big babies!!!

    ReplyDelete