Friday, August 20, 2010

some stuff

The hot days of summer are tentatively drawing to a close (in Utah - sorry to rub it in AZ people). I have 9 weeks (cross your fingers) left in my countdown. Sean still isn't napping normally. Both terribly sad and wonderfully happy things are occurring at the same time in my side of the family. Brian seems to be enjoying work. The wee babe seems to be doing well; at least he kicks and moves an awful lot.

I really am excited for September. It's such a perfect month and it will be here in 11 days. Then we can go outside without melting and leave the windows open all morning and watch Sean play at the park until he falls over in exhaustion.

Steven has been living with us all summer and now he's going to be moving to Orem until December. It will be sad when he's gone, seeing as I'm quite accustomed to talking to an adult during the daytime hours, though Brian is convinced that all the dishes are dirtied by Steven so maybe his moving out will allow for less of those. It will definitely be better laundry-wise as I will not longer have to share my washer.

And here is a picture of our crazy two-year old:


Currently his favorite activity is running from the living room to the kitchen and back, preferably in a race against Brian, and mostly with a tangled roll of yarn he "crochets" with. The other day he woke us up at 7AM with his calls for "Mee-ulk!" and so between that and the yarn roll, I'm not entirely convinced he's not a cat. He seems to think it's acceptable to hit me, Brian and Steven, bite Brian and Steven, and throw things across the room. I think these things happen when he has a lot of pent up energy and is getting tired (see:not napping normally). But he is quick to say sorry, give hugs and kisses, tell you he loves you (favorite is 'luhyou momma'), and put his cute little head on your knee when you sit on the couch. He's a smart kid - he knows that when he is driving me nuts he better do something adorable right after.

We put up a cute window cling flag and fireworks on our front window for the month of July and I have yet to take it down. I was going to yesterday only to find that whatever little bugs got into my house this summer and disappeared mysteriously were to be found stuck to the window clings. So sick. But apparently effective at catching little obnoxious bugs that get in at night when you accidentally leave the front door open too long. Win-lose situation.

And tonight is a Costco date. We have a couple of things to buy there, one being for Steven, so we figured that we may as well go on the cheap and have some pizza or a hot dog. But for some reason this is one of my favorite dates. Even if we do have to bring Sean along.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute little boy! I saw on facebook that Steven is dating someone... :) Oh and I love Costco Dates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they sell them, I hope you get some nectarines for dessert!

    Erk to the bugs as well - crazy where they end up.

    We don't have Costco here in Oz. But as I don't have dates either, I think it works out well =D

    Hope September weather comes a little early for you! Luv, K

    ReplyDelete