Monday, October 18, 2010

Brand New


Here is our little Alan Webster
6 pounds 12 ounces
18 1/2 inches long

He is so flipping cute and loves to snuggle and be held.
Alan actually will express impatience with me, which was shocking at first because Sean never did. He also doesn't like sleeping by himself like Sean did. I don't mind that.
His mouth is not very big, so nursing can be a pain.
Not inclined to be woken up for any reason, like eating. But will wake up to eat a lot at night.
Lets us know when he has a burp that needs out, but we have to hurry to burp him because he doesn't wait long before he pukes.
Likes to stick his legs straight up in the air when he stretches.

Anyway, he's chill like Sean, but his routine isn't established yet. I know that's normal, but Sean seemed to be born with a routine and it spoiled me. The boys seem to like each other, but then again it's only the first day and the baby is a novelty. Soon Sean will discover that the baby really doesn't care to play baseball or walk or have his blanket removed suddenly. But every time Alan cries, Sean comes running over shouting "Baby baby baby!" and has to make sure that he's real and then if he's ok.

We're feeling really blessed to have two adorable little boys with us.

11 comments:

  1. That is one super-cute-awesome baby you have there!

    Tay, he's a sweetheart - well done to you both and all! Can you maybe come over so I can have a cuddle? ;-)

    Again, congratulations!!!!! Luvies, SK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm glad things are going well and he looks good! Good luck establishing a routine, my little girl took a while! I'm sure Sean is loving it, I know Kaitlynn would love one of those too! (But no, one is not on the way. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo cute! congrats. boys are so fun. glad sean is liking him so far. trey tried to gouge alston's eyes out the moment we brought him home. literally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally feeling you! Kambe has a small mouth too, so sometimes it takes her several attempts to latch on. Annoying, but after 2+ weeks it's way better. He's a cutie for sure! Congrats. Post lots of pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! He is so cute. I think you'll be surprised. . .they novelty may never wear off. It hasn't with Hailey:). She has loved loved loved her little brother since day one. We've been lucky to never have issues between those two. I bet Sean will be pretty similar. Let me know when you are up for visitors!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! What a beautiful little boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alan is a beautiful baby. So happy for you! Let me know if Sean ever asks you when the baby is going back. When I had Mallory, Michael thought she was just visiting for a while. It was quite an adjustment when he realized she wasn't going anywhere. Pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congratulations! He is VERY cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! He's a beautiful newborn(and trust me . . . not all newborns are beautiful). How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  10. he's darling, can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete