Pictures will be coming next week, ok?
The last few weeks have been exhausting and great. My parents came to help out which meant that I actually got some sleep. Sean started refusing to nap again (punk), got sick, and started napping finally (bribery works!). Brian stayed home a week then went back to work, but has still been fantastic at helping out, like on Saturday and Sunday when he caught us up on 6 weeks worth of laundry. Amazing. I have been ignoring housework in general and trying to figure out this whole thing of when it's my turn to get some sleep.
Alan is starting to figure out his own schedule. He's wide awake for a couple of hours in the morning, fights sleep from 10:30 - 12, sleeps from about 12 - 7 (waking to eat every couple of hours), dozes from 7-10, fights sleep from 10-11, sleeps 3 hours at a time until 6 - 8 when he is half awake and gassy from something that I ate. I am trying not to eat dairy products, but it seems like dairy is in EVERYTHING. Except spaghetti. Ridiculous. So one of my fabulous SILs gave me their excess gas drops and it's been helping a little bit. Unless I drink straight milk, then nothing helps the poor child. This has been hard because I love milk and I'm really feeling deprived without it, actually craving it every morning. But a sad baby is worth avoiding, especially knowing that he is so sad because of something that I knowingly inflicted upon him. The guilt is strong, people.
Sean seems to be adjusting well. He really loves his little brother, unless he wakes up grumpy - but then he doesn't really like anybody, so it's nothing personal. He always wants to "hold this" and "carry you" ('this' and 'you' referring to the baby) and give kisses. Alan has even been promoted to one of Sean's excuses for not going to sleep. His schedule is much the same and I will be so happy when he no longer needs naps. Maybe then we'll be able to get out and do something fun during the day instead of wage battle from 11-3 (we're both very stubborn). If he wasn't so cranky and impossible without napping, we'd do away with it. In two seconds. Without hesitation. Anyway, he's still cute and loving and fun and is finally settled, now knowing that the baby hasn't replaced him in my life.
Well, the busy holiday months are coming! Our uncarved pumpkins are our fall decor outside the door and soon I'll put up whatever Christmas decor I have and maybe even do the advent calendar with Sean this year. That would be fun. And I've got to get the energy to bake some (lots) of cookies for Steven & Melissa's wedding reception so I'm not worried about it two days beforehand. It's still crazy that my brother is getting married. Man.
And soon my head will be less fuzzy and my posts will be more interesting with things like fall pictures and discourses on why I like or dislike sweaters, etc.
hang in there. It will probably get better, ha ha. It will, and they are so worth it.
ReplyDelete