Saturday, June 28, 2008

So, as you are all very aware of by now, we think our Sean is the cutest kid in the world. Even his grumpy face is adorable. In the 9 days that we've had him home, he has had some major accomplishments. Some of these are: Slept 7 hours straight one night, has peed on himself 3 times during diaper changes (not me... yet), lifted his head up all by himself for about 4 seconds, grown so attached to his binky that he can't fall asleep, ride in the car, or cuddle without it, and decided not to sleep until 1:30 in the morning. He is as inconsistent with schedules as my contractions were during delivery. But we love him and can't believe he's actually here. I swear he's grown a full inch in addition to the random chub he developed last night. So it looks like i'm going to be one of those moms who have a hard time letting their kids grow up - it's already making me sad that he's grown at all. Not that i want to stunt his growth or anything, but I just don't like such quick change I guess. Don't worry. I'm trying to let go.

Now, don't get me wrong. I can't wait until he learns how to laugh and smile at me and roll over and play, and hold his binky in ALL BY HIMSELF. But can't he stay itty bitty and do all that? :)

Brian got a Blackberry curve from work this last week. It's a pretty cool little toy. We like to open GoogleEarth and its GPS thing to track where our car is. Sweet. I especially like that he gets unlimited data. It helps us use less data transfer on our internet. And I like to hold it. There's just something about holding a new phone.

3 comments:

  1. Which do you like to hold more--the phone or the baby? J/K!

    I know what you mean about newborns and babies growing too quickly--hold on to your bootstraps--it's a wild ride of growth and changes the first year. Even I will admit it is bittersweet--and I don't particularly like the newborn stage.

    It would be pretty cute if they could do all those things when they are teeny tiny, though. That would make the newborn stage MUCH easier, I think.

    Anyway, at least we have cameras and video cameras--so you always have a piece of every stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tay, the other day Allie suggested that we all come see you! And she is right, I want to see this baby in person! He is VERY cute! Do you still have the same phone number? Let me know, we really want to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have the most adorable baby- he is such a cutie! Yeah I did have a good cry because Thomas left- and I'll probably have at least one more before he comes back on Saturday. I think he and his dad have the whole trek up to Idaho planned (or at least part of it) but thanks for the offer- if we need it I will definitely keep it in mind. I know I'll have to stop to use the bathroom every hour or so... what fun.

    ReplyDelete