Sunday, October 19, 2008

So, for dinner...

Today I was supposed to cook dinner. You know, like I usually do. It was supposed to be steak and mashed potatoes and green beans. Because of a serious mishap, dinner took a little longer than usual and we did not have mashed potatoes.

yup. serious mishap.

I caught the stove on fire.

what?

And luckily for me, Brian was right next to me. I tried to put it out with a lid (pointless - it's fortunately stainless steel). Brian grabbed the fire extinguisher - thank goodness we bought it - and put out the steadily growing flame. The powder got in the previously cooking potatoes. Sad story.

Pretty much if brian hadn't been there I may have burned down the kitchen because my mind honestly did not think of the fire extinguisher. It did not even enter my mind - probably because i forgot that we had it. :)

Lesson learned: Only cook when Brian's home.

6 comments:

  1. :-0 sounds like my kind of kitchen mishap. i'm glad everything turned out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what did you end up having for dinner instead?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Im glad that your kitchen did not burn down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... lucky Brian was there ;) But how did it catch on fire? I'm curious...
    For future reference, sprinkling (is that a word?) some baking soda on a fire will put it out as well, and won't contaminate your potatoes :)

    ReplyDelete