Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kansas, A Goose and Reminiscing

Today, Brian is home from a business trip to Kansas. Apparently people actually live there and his company provides jobs for some of that population. Interesting. What would it be like to live there? Part of me would love to find out, while the other part of me shrinks at the idea. Kansas has tornados, after all. I mean, Wizard of Oz, right?

So one fun story Brian shared with me is on his two hour drive from the airport to his small town destination, he saw something hovering in front of him. He didn't think much of it, just thought it was a plastic bag. Until it hit his windshield. ?? Yeah, totally not a plastic bag. He thinks it was a duck. I am of the opinion that it was a goose, because do they have a lot of ducks in Kansas? A goose sounds more small-population-esque to me. It's ok. I know i'm crazy.

I am so glad that he's back! It was fun having my cousin Kalli over the past two nights and having Sean in the pack 'n' play in our closet (walk-in - don't worry, it's not like he was shoved in somewhere), but it's still very lonely not to have him around. Plus I have night-time panic attacks. But that's another blog post. I think Sean misses someone wrastling him at night and has taken to trying to eat my foot so that I will fill in for dad. And he has a tooth now, so that is no bueno.

Haha, speaking of Sean in the pack 'n' play, he totally fights sleeping in his crib now. How weird is that? Does he like falling asleep looking at all of my cute shoes and smelling my clothes? Or is it the smaller space that he likes? Who knows. But now he's just gotta suck it up because he gets to become reacquainted with his crib.

Flashback to infant Sean (Thanks Christi!)



And yes, to those of you who want to know, he is still that happy most minutes of the day. Don't be jealous. I'm sure all my childrens will not be like this, if only for the variety God likes to give our lives. :)

Sometimes it weirds me out to see pictures of him when he was littler. Part of me can't remember or believe that he was that small, or accept that he's grown so much. Is that really my kid? Has that much of his life passed before my eyes? It's taking all of my effort to not go in his room and wake him up from his nap so i can squeeze him so so tight.

1 comment:

  1. Its strange how it goes. I cant really remember my son as a baby either. Crazy

    ReplyDelete