Today I went to get Sean out of bed from his morning nap. He hadn't really slept well, but i wanted to get a shower in. So it was more like i just let him play within the confines of his crib
while I got to shower. Anyway, I'm getting ready a little bit after my shower, listening to him whine about how he wanted out of the crib, he wanted me to hold him, how he was cold because i only put him in there with a diaper on, the usual stuff - I wasn't too worried.
Then he started freaking out whining and I figured I'd better get him out so he could play with his toys on the ground. So I go in there to find...
A COMPLETELY NAKED BABY!
Yeah. The little booger figured out how to take off his diaper. And why, you ask, did he start whining more when he obviously likes the freedom of no diaper? The reason is very simple.
He had peed all over himself and the bed.
Sick, I know. But also hilarious! I am just counting my blessings that he didn't poop whilst in his naked state.
But honestly, this is making me really really consider cloth diapers. They seem to be not as easy for babies to take off by themselves. And Sean seems to be one of those babies that want to take the diaper off.
Is eight months too early for a child to be doing this? I thought i still had a couple months...
Hahaha! Oh, the joys of motherhood.
ReplyDeleteHe must be advanced, Hailey hasn't even done that!:)
Hahahaha! This is amazing. I'm so glad he didn't poop all over. We use cloth diapers on Audrey at night and we actually use the gDiapers cover with a cloth diaper insert instead of the disposable insert they sell. The nice thing about the gDiapers is that they velcro backwards instead of forwards- so little hands can't get to the fastenings as easily. Check it out at www.gdiapers.com - just one option for ya.
ReplyDeleteHaha! I was quite relieved when you said it was only pee! I guess he's probably about right, because boys sort of have a knack for figuring out the mechanics of things. Good luck with that. :)
ReplyDeletehahaha... that's pretty funny. I'm sorry... I would hate to clean that up. errr... someday I probably will. :)
ReplyDeleteAh, yes, life gets tricky when they get smart. :) For me, it has always worked to just keep pants on. For some reason mine never messed with their diaper unless I let them wear it without pants. Good luck, though, there may be many more surprises to come... :)
ReplyDelete