January and February are the longest months of the year. Here, they are usually dismally grey or hazy. The bright snows of December are long gone and the only thing to really look forward to now is spring. Spring!
I love everything about spring. (Except the time change, but that's irrelevant.) The rain, the flowers, the grass, the mud - the allergies are totally worth it. Here's a shout out to Claratin. Thank you Claratin. You make beauty available to mine eyes.
I would love to have a spring baby. Though I would have to be mighty careful to guard against that child becoming my favorite.
Summer is also a fantastic season. I mean, my birthday is summery so obviously it is fantastic. But spring is better. It's not as hot, it's perfect for picnics (if it isn't snowing), tulips and daffodils are in season, and I am a whole lot more motivated to be outside.
Speaking of being motivated to be outside... Last year around this time I was soo so excited that when i would graduate, I would never have to go outside again if I didn't want to. I was going to stick it to the man in charge of making me walk to school in all weather for so long, no matter if i was sick, pregnant, or both. And I would just like to say that I have definitely stuck it to the man. If I don't want to leave the comfort of home, I don't. I mean, someday I'm going to have to. Like when i have kids in school. Or if I work again. So I am taking advantage of my time that I can choose to do whatever I please.
Back to spring.
Spring is also when I'm more favorable to seeing family again. It takes me a couple of months to get over the Christmas barrage of relatives. Every day. Don't get me wrong, I love family and playing with family, but I just need a break after the holidays. So spring is when I start getting excited about family things. Because summer fun is about to begin! Yay for Independence Day! (and Pioneer Day?)
And the inversion is finally gone. The air smells so pretty (with the help of Claratin).
No comments:
Post a Comment