Friday was Brian's birthday. It went well, I think. He got off of work a little early, we went to Joe Vera's (fantastic, as usual), and then I surprised him with his friend's at our friend Mark's place. Oh, and an ice cream cake from Maggie Moo's was definitely involved. So good. Amazing. Chocolate ice cream with a thin layer of chocolate cake on the bottom, frosted with chocolate mousse. what? Yeah. Don't be jealous. Mark even got balloons, which Sean is a big fan of those, so it was a grand time. It's nice to hang out with friends. :) Makes me miss college - almost. But anyway, Brian said he had a good day and seemed like he was happy the whole time, so I guess I can say that I did a Fantastic Job planning. For once.
Sean is 10 months and 28 inches long. I have no idea what he weighs. 17 lbs? He's a skinny guy. But he's starting to voice opinions and climb to whatever it is he wants. Such a pain! Why can't he just be little and cuddly and sweet? I know, i know, they have to grow and learn, blahblahblah, but really. Would it be so bad to just remain sweet and cuddly? Because honestly, church is more of a nightmare every week. At least he doesn't scream, right?
I am in the middle of spring cleaning. It takes me a couple of weeks, even with Brian's help. Yesterday we (mostly he) conquered the kitchen. I scrubbed the drip pans, so I feel like I contributed a lot. But it feels so good to go in there! I feel like doing some cooking! Mostly cooking dessert stuff. Now that I mention it, maybe it's better to have a dirty kitchen. Less sugar-butter concoctions to make. And last week Macey's still had butter on sale for 1.50 a thing/package, so we're stocked. That's a lot of peanut butter bars. What else about me? My wisdom teeth sockets are healing very nicely. Plus there's no more tooth-growth pain. Yippee! I'm still feeling around for the nerve damage (random numbness on my chin), but so far so good.
So, after the removal of the wisdom teeth, they put me on some sweet narcotics. And that's when i realized that I don't like them. I can't remember what happened, but I vaguely remember feeling like I was frustrated because I couldn't retain any information while I was taking them. And then I realized it was the same fuzziness from when I first had Sean. So I'm going to opt out of the narcs when I can the next time around. You only get those first few days once and I'd really like to remember them not just through pictures.
Now I've got to start thinking about what I want to do for Sean's birthday. Some people go all out, some just keep it in the immediate family. I'd like to go inbetween. Moderation in all things, right? (Including moderation? hmm) So, who has ideas? The park in our complex? My in-law's house? The park somewhere else that's bigger than ours? Food? Sigh. There are so many decisions to make. It's ridiculous.
Oh, and my latest infatuation is with Dan In Real Life. I love that movie. It speaks to my heart. And I've loved Sondre Lerche (the guy who wrote/played the music) for years. I think this movie was made for me. Like they found everything that I love and put it into a movie. I'm so glad that you haven't taken it back from me yet, Kalli. :) When you do I might cry and then go buy it for myself to console my poor heart. (I won't cry. i only said that because it makes me sound a lot more dramatic than I am.)
I love Dan in Real Life. Love it. I talked it up to Dorian a lot, told him it how hilarious it is, so we rented it once and watched it with his parents. At the end of the movie he was like, "that wasn't funny, that was sad."
ReplyDeleteI was at a loss.