Monday, February 7, 2011

As promised

Here is our crazy two-year old.


Here is what he looks like normally - he's always in a silly mood.


Some things we've been hearing from him lately are: 'NO - Sean do it.' 'I push button it' 'fi-were cruck' 'puttin the pants back on' 'mamaw' 'pampaw' 'al-LAN' 'galola bars' and lots of statements he ends with 'huh' because we have to acknowledge everything he says and maybe even agree with it. 'it's Seaner's blanket, huh' or 'that'sa code (cold), huh' are a couple of examples. He loves to identify colors and count to five and wrestle with Alan and Daddy. I have to be careful not to sit on the floor or he thinks that I want to rough him up as well. He's rougher than I am, so I like not getting hurt.

And here is the baby Alan:

He's a lot of fun. Even more so now that I've discover that he's lactose-intolerant and is sensitive to bananas. It's nice to ingest some dairy so long as it's lactose free. This picture is from the 27th of January, so please know that he's gotten chunkier since then. Not huge, but definitely more solid than Sean ever was. Alan is starting to roll over, but mostly just to his side and not all of the way over. He seems to be ok with that. He loves constant interaction and is good at taking naps. Sean is his favorite person and Alan get positively giddy when Sean shows him attention. He also loves to wrestle with Daddy, which is fun for me to watch.

I love my boys. We're having lots of crazy times, but it's worth them making me nuts when they sit and cuddle me or smile in reaction to my playing with them. I might get stuck watching lots of sports for the rest of my life, but their interests are worth my time and involvement. Though I can't wait until the little ones entertain each other in-between little fights.

3 comments:

  1. So we must both have two-year-olds, because I am hearing A LOT of "NO - Adam do it!" and sentences ending in "huh." Haha. Hailey never went through the "I have to do it myself" stage, so this is new for me, but we've been into it about 5 months now, so it's becoming normal:). We are better (knock on wood) so we should play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My how Alan has changed! You can definitely tell they are brothers! How fun to have two boys together! I love seeing pictures of Sean because you can just see his energy in his smile!

    That is great that you figured out what was bothering Alan. I think that many times people don't realize how sensitive their children can be to what the mother is eating and they think it is just "colic". I'm sure it took a lot of patience and commitment for you to figure it out.

    Good luck with it all!
    Becca

    ReplyDelete