Sunday, March 13, 2011

I have failed at blogging. I have a few drafts written up but I can't decide if I should publish them due to their sensitive and very personal nature. I might make another blog for that stuff so I can just get it out there and people who want to read it can, and also in an effort to reach out to others going through the same thing as myself.

We ordered a DSLR camera so I'm thinking that pictures will be taken more often and maybe even shared on here. It will be nice to have pictures that aren't blurry of my two very active boys. I don't think they hold still until they pass out in their beds at night. (Except Alan, he's not much for sleeping. Ever.)

In recent weeks I've been called at the 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency of my ward. So far it's been going well. I like the ladies I will be working with and it will be nice to get to know more people. I'm especially excited to have more opportunity to serve the people around me, to better know their needs and be able to fulfill some of them. Some things are overwhelming to me, but mostly I see this as exciting and a good way to keep busy and social.

There's been a lot of tumultuous family stuff going on lately. Many much drama. I think it has gotten out of control on one side, but I guess somebody's got to be making a crappy thing even more crappy. It's too bad this somebody can't handle keeping me out of it when it has nothing to do with me. Stoopid. Someday I'll expound, I just don't feel like it right now. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

Sean has been putting together awesome sentences and speaking what he's thinking and peed in the bathtub this morning. He decided it would be awesome to strip down, plug the drain and 'get 'em the waters out.' It was a proud moment for him and then when I got home from my meeting he demanded ice cream, forgetting that ice cream comes after potty use, not bathtub use. He is also obsessed with wearing these cowboy boots he got from Aunt Christi everywhere - even though they're at least three sizes too big. I think it's cute, until he demands that he get into his carseat by himself with them on. It just does not work.

Alan can now roll over easily and turn his body around, though the latter is not yet on purpose and sometimes he becomes angry that he is no longer facing his toys. He doesn't like to sit through sacrament meeting or Relief Society, or even Sunday School, but he does seem to LOVE going to priesthood meetings with Brian. A little too much. Brian had to take him out today because he kept doing happy squeals and screams. And he's really loud.

While down in Arizona I went to a track meet my sister was running in. She does hurdles. I think she's pretty good. Anyway, she got tired during the long race and fell. My mom told me to take a picture of her on the ground and I naturally declined since I would have been mortified to have that documented of myself (I fall a lot) (without hurdles). But It got me in trouble. Apparently Jordo loves things like that documented. How was I supposed to know? Whatever.  Oh, she also got asked to Prom while I was there. How fun is that?! I finally got to participate in fun things from her high school career. We'll be going down again soon, but I don't think it will be when school is still in session. Maybe next year.

And this month I seem to be going overbudget everywhere I look. I don't know what's coming over me. It's out of control and driving me nuts. And yes, it's barely the middle of the month. Hopefully I'll keep my resolve to do better. I think Brian would appreciate that. I think the spending has a lot to do with refusing to buy things that have anything in it I don't recognize in the ingredients. It gets expensive in the snack area and I've been too tired to make things myself. I guess that's how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you lately! We went to Arizona (after we looked for jobs in AZ for three weeks) and I wanted to tell you. For no reason, really.

    Family drama is the pitts, and not least because you can't blog about it. HOLY CRAZINESS up in here. Actually, I probably will blog about mine, because the two brothers that are ALWAYS involved don't even read my blog.

    Anyway, I hope you're all right and that you're not going crazy with those two little boys running around. I'm already wondering how I will ever handle two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say this all the time. But I feel like I know NOTHING about what's going on in your life lately. We really need to get together. Maybe it's a second child thing to not be a good sleeper? Cuz Alan sounds A LOT like Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Tay! I miss you! You are so great! I loved reading your blog. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete