Thursday, May 21, 2009

Life

In light of the crazy business that is currently my life, I decided to ignore all responsibility this morning and recover my sanity. Basically I've been cleaning and shopping and being SAINTLIKE since Sunday. Sunday is the day that Brian's Grandpa G died. Albeit he was 101, but in a way that makes things harder. He's always been around, and now he isn't. And it's weird and empty and it makes me pensive. Since it's Brian's grandpa, I've been doing my best to not complain or criticize or lose my temper. I've been trying to hold things together. I think it's been working, but it leaves me so drained every night, especially because I have to keep myself busy doing anything. Here's the obituary:http://ads.heraldextra.com/articles/2009/05/20/obituaries/343207.txt

So, the funeral is tomorrow. Early. Think 9AM viewing, 10AM service. Hopefully Sean will nap or something in his carseat. Brian's sister is arriving with her family in the wee hours of the morning, so we'll probably get up when they get here (5AM). I need to finish the guest room - I've been going through things and didn't put stuff back. I won't go through my list, but assume that most of my house is like that.

And now, because I'm taking a break from stressful things, here is Sean:

Isn't he just adorable? This was taken by my SIL Christi with her SIL's new lens. gotta love family. In this picture he's 10 months, but he hasn't changed a whole lot in looks and still does that crooked smile thing. All of his clothes are either too big or too small for him - 6/9mo and 12mo clothes are apparently our only options. He could stand up on his own, but refuses. However, he's been more willing to experiment walking while holding our hands since he's seen his cousin (a year older) running around and having fun. He wants to be just like his cousin and those two boys are going to be Trouble. :)

Lately he's learned how to say "monkey" (uh-tee), give kisses, feed us, eat cantaloupe, walk along the furniture, close doors all the way and cry about it, empty out purses and book shelves, stack his nesting blocks, and hit the keys really hard on his play piano. And mimic sounds (cars, vibrating phones, etc).

This morning I gave him a bottle of whole milk. IT WAS A SUCCESS!! He's a big fan. Now I just have to get him emotionally weaned off of breastfeeding and we'll be set to go! Well, if he can digest the stuff properly. I'm just so tired of how distracted he is and all of the biting that goes on because of it. It's like he wants to nurse, but not enough to nurse. Punk.

And some interesting news is I think I've decided on Sean's Halloween costume. I know, five months early, but if I don't start now it's not going to happen. He shall possibly be Billy Idol. He has the hair for it and it would be hilarious.

10 comments:

  1. WOW. What a cutie!! That is a great picture! Luke moves so much it's near impossible to get a shot like that! Ah, they grow up entirely too fast :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is adorable!

    Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is too cute! Elli quit nursing right at 1 year cuz she was too interested in what was going on around her. I kinda wanted to nurse longer but it's also a relief when they move on.
    They do grow way too fast! makes me crazy. Trin is turning 4 on tues!!! 4!!! I'm a little in shock.
    Can't wait to see you guys for Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We plan for Halloween a year in advance when costumes are half off:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're so lucky he liked milk!! i think i will be nursing till max is 10. haha. jk. i've weaned him to just morning & night but i can't quite give those ones up yet. max goes on biting sprees - he was doing it a lot right before his 1st birthday but now he doesn't. so just hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So OSrryt about Grandpa how sad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow sounds like a lot has been going on! Way to put on a happy face and keep going on despite all the crazyness. It will be fun to see you guys tomorrow. To get to the salon head down Val Vista to Baseline and take a right, then at the next light (it doesn't have a name)take a left. Go back past the sign that says L'mage Studios and park back in there. When you get to the front go to the left side it says East when you're inside go to the hall way on your right then I'm the first salon on the left #14 Couture Lane :) see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like your busy! Kids do grow way to fast. I can't believe my baby is almost one and adi two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny how life just keeps moving along! Your little one is adorable! You are doing great - you're amazing! Just thought I'd say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is TOO cute... hey that's just what Angie said... anyway, he looks like you.

    ReplyDelete