Tuesday, September 9, 2008

3 improvements?

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and today I have started acting on those thoughts. Stephen R Covey would be so proud...

1. I do not cuddle Sean nearly enough. Today i did not put him in his bouncy chair because I wanted to play with and cuddle him instead. I fed him before he told me he was hungry. I nearly feel that the cuddle quota is filled for the day, but only because he does have to take naps. Otherwise the cuddling would still be going on.

2. I am schlumpy. I think Opra made up that word. Anyway, I hate it. Since Junior High, I have woken up at whatever time I needed to in order to get completely ready and hott (lol... awkwardly hott, of course) for the day. Sometimes this constituted 5:30AM. Sleeping in was an indulgence I rarely allowed. Then I EfY'ed all summer and then got engaged, more ponytail days ensued. Married = more ponytail days. And then i was pregnant. Doing hair was no longer something i cared about. I only worried about whether i could eat that day or even get out of bed to go to work. In the past year, I could count on my fingers and toes the number of times i got ready and hott. Today, cold and all, I showered, put make-up on, and did my hair. And i look amazing. Even with circles under my eyes. I am determined to look hott more days than i look schlumpy during the week. We'll see how this can work with toddlers.

3. I don't really cook anymore. I used to love cooking for Brian. It was the highlight of my day. That also went down the toilet when Trimester Uno came along and standing up made me nauseous. (as did laying down, walking, sitting, and EVERYTHING, but i digress) Tonight I will cook a delicious pizza from Papa Murphy's. lol. But tomorrow I plan on something big. Like a stir fry or something incredible like that. And then I plan to try my hand at cake making again. My last was not unsuccessful, so i think we'll take another stab at it. As soon as i buy cake pans. :)

I think that's all. I'm not feeling so hot, so i'm not sure that's everything I wanted to address.

So, with this whole thumb-sucking thing, Sean naps now. WOW. I am a happy camper. I don't know how my mom lived without pacifier or thumb-sucking kids. It's a novelty in the Gudmundson genes, i suppose.

3 comments:

  1. I totally hear you on the schlumpiness! I am so tired of feeling gross all the time- I'm so hoping to have your stamina once this pregnancy thing is over and done with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard when your so busy all the time especially with a little one, and in the past being sick, to cook dinner all the time. I think your an amazing mom and over time you'll get back into the swing of things ;) And i'm sure Brian would agree you look beautiful with or without makeup!

    ReplyDelete