Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Dentist

I had a fabulous time at the dentist on Tuesday. We took x-rays, cleaned those teeth and discussed my wisdom teeth. Yup, still have those.

It's funny when the dental hygienists don't think i know what I'm talking about. I know my jaw problems, my teeth problems, how to brush properly, and how badly those wisdom teeth gotta come out. I told him (yup, a him hygienist) that my lower ones are impacted and that I was supposed to get them all out two years ago. "Ok" he said, assuming i was exaggerating.

I felt gratified by the amused look on his face when he saw just how impacted those babies are. (i know, i'm an insufferable know-it-all) One is completely sideways, growing into my other roots. Cool huh? Anyway, I was further gratified when the dentist takes a look and gives a disbelieving chuckle. Cuz honestly, who in their right mind would leave this for so long when it's that bad?

So I get to have those pulled. And I get to go under anesthetic, which is always fun. Who wants to feel pain? Not me! Percocet please, thank you. Alright, so I won't really take those. Just Ibuprofen x 4 is great.

And the good news is that after waiting two years since my last appointment, I only have a little tiny cavity. Go me!

5 comments:

  1. I so have mine still, but they don't give me any problems. I just have a lot of teeth to brush and floss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had impacted wisdom teeth, too. Mine didn't hurt, but I'd think after having them so long, they would! Are they bothering you?

    In any case, I hope the removal goes smoothly and you end up with as little pain as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all in the growing stage, so it gives me bad headaches and irritability when they actively move. :) Thanks for the warm wishes Emily. Long time no blog, eh?

    Kasey, i think you just don't have my little tiny itty-bitty mouth. Lucky! Your kids will probably have zero problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got mine out. Not fun. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. you crack me up. I find your writing humurous and fun. So glad I found you and your blog. I don't know if you have ever had an interest in writing or not but if you did I would support you for sure.

    ReplyDelete